Total Pageviews

Thursday 29 October 2015

The Last Soldier and Awards

The third and final novel in the Plague series is almost done. Well, when I say 'almost done' I mean it'll need at least two more drafts before I can send it off to the publisher. I just hope it's not a complete flop, which is always in the back of my mind when I'm nearing the end of a project. We'll see how it goes.

In other news, the past weekend at FantasyCon in Nottingham was superb and I got to meet loads of new, talented people as well as see some good friends and some literary heroes of mine. I even got to meet Joe Hill and sit on a panel with him. He's a nice guy with a great sense of humour. Unfortunately The Last Plague didn't win the British Fantasy Award for Best Horror Novel, but it went to a worthy winner, Adam Nevill, for his novel 'No One Gets Out Alive', which is an excellent book and one I'd recommend along with his other work. Plus Adam's a friendly, humble bloke in a business which has its share of egotists and Prima Donnas, so he's really deserving of the award and sets a good example to other writers. Anyway I was just honoured to be nominated in the same category as writers like Adam, Gary McMahon, Alison Littlewood and MR Carey.

So, in summary, I really enjoyed the weekend and it's given me a kick up the arse with the writing.

I won't do a full report of the convention, because I'm lazy and today's my birthday. Now, I shall return to my unlit man-cave to continue editing TLS!

Cheers!











No comments:

Post a Comment